02 March, 2008

Book Report

Not many of you know this but I have a goal to read 24 books this year. That's much better one book or none at all. I took on this challenge because I plan on being a Teacher in the future. It has been pretty hard to keep up with this challenge but so far I have read three books. 2001 A Space Odyssey, Contact and a few days ago I finished The Hobbit. If you have not had a chance to read the Hobbit I think it is time you've picked it up. It was one of the funnest books I have read.



Poor Bilbo can never say no even when his heart isn't in it. A Group of 13 Dwarfs show up at his door one day and tell him he is going to be their burglar on a long and dangerous journey. Guided by a wizard and not very well prepared their journey takes them through forbidden lands with Trolls, Goblins and Elves. When enslaved in Dungeons or threatened into being squashed into jelly, Bilbo always comes out the savior of the dwarfs with a little luck from a ring he comes across.

You are never too young to pick up this adventure. Bilbo was about 50 when he had his ;)

1 comment:

Mom & Dad Root said...

So that's why I've seen you carrying a book around everywhere you go lately. You're going to be a great teacher! We are proud of you.