15 December, 2009

Back to the Blog


So I've decided to get rid of my facebook account. I realized how addictive it was when everyone I passed by in school who had their laptop open was on facebook. Then I realized how much time I would spend on it. I think it just makes people self absorbed. Myspace probably started the whole thing. Why must I post what I am doing every couple of hours? Why must I compete with everyone else for the funniest or most shocking post? What really is the point of facebook? It was great to find old friends but now that I look at all of my contacts I don't even talk to most of the people and I probably never will. Those who I want to talk to I will get their numbers and emails.

My blog just feels so much more calm. No clunky advertisements, no random applications, just a clean page that I update once every week or two. If people don't want to see my posts they wont because they don't have to come here. I just wish my friends had blog pages too so I could see what they were up to. It's nice to have family members who do. I can appreciate the blog because it usually takes some hard thinking when it come to writing something.

So long facebook. You are on your last week. I'm expecting withdrawals but in the end I will be a happy person without the drug!

3 comments:

ty and megs said...

amen jeff! i hear ya on facebook. i stopped updating my account a while ago and now i just get those annoying emails saying "so and so wants to know your movie score" and such. i might as well just delete my account too. and i promise to keep updating my blog. :)

we'll sure miss you gus next week! merry christmas! we should video chat on christmas so mckinlay and show you her presents. she'd love it!

Jeffrey Root said...

I'm all for it :)

Amanda the great said...

I know what you mean. I want to get back into blogging myself. I feel like I have a lot to say, even if it's just me hearing it.