19 February, 2010

life goes on

I'm almost to my midterms and it's been a rough semester so far. I've had trouble keeping focus. School is easy enough but life itself has been stressful of late. I sold my Russian motorcycle in order to keep up with rent so that is one less thing I have to worry about. Don't feel sorry. I'm glad I sold it. It's one less thing I have to worry about. I've decided that now is not the time in life to work on big projects even if they are cheap. Besides, I don't even have a garage lol. Lesson learned?

Mandi is doing her best to look for a job but with the recession she is having a hard time finding places that are hiring. We should be good for a couple of months. I was able to get in some extra work for the next 2 weeks at school and Mom has found more stores for us to merchandise. This has helped so much.

Mandi want's to go back to school in the fall and we are going to do all we can to make that happen. It's going to be rough because we are already struggling with money but we know we always make it. We've had help from Mom and Dad by letting us stay at home last year to get rid of some debt and I would like to thank them for their support.

I've been fortunate to receive a tax return that will allow me to purchase a really really cheap car for transportation when Mandi and I work separate jobs this summer. I'll probably go with a beetle again but I have no intentions of buying a fixer upper. I'm kind of sad I sold the white beetle because that car was pretty solid. It never broke down and it was a great commuter car. The best 1,000 dollars I ever spent!

Mandi and I started working out 3 weeks ago and we are still going strong. It works great when you have a good workout partner. We do all of the same workouts and we spot each other. We stopped eating seconds at every meal and it seams to have helped out quite a bit. We don't focus so much on our weight as we do our body fat percentage. We feel much healthier. I'm proud of what we've been able to achieve.

1 comment:

ty and megs said...

good luck with midterms jeff and good luck with the job search maddle. that's great you are wanted to go to school in the fall too! i hope it can work out. what do you want to do? you guys are in our prayers! and thank goodness for tax returns! that is what is keeping us a float too. darn money!!